Women In the Church
Theme for 2018 – “Becoming Beautiful Through the Mirror of God’s Word”
The purpose of the Women’s Ministry is for every woman to know Christ personally and be committed to extending His Kingdom in her life, home, church, community and throughout the world. The framework of the Women’s Ministry provides an opportunity for each woman to discern and exercise her gifts and abilities to the glory of God in the total work and worship of the church. The goal is that this purpose will become a reality as women are given opportunities to respond to the Gospel and to pray, study the Scriptures, fellowship and serve the Lord together. The Women’s Ministry recognizes that all ministries and activities of the church are under the authority and guidance of the session.
Our Redeemer Women’s Ministry encourages women to grow in Christ throughout the following ideas:
- Grounding our members in the faith by providing times for spiritual growth through a variety of venues.
- To help our ladies focus on growing together in our faith and becoming a stronger disciple of Christ.
- Encouraging regular times of fellowship with our sisters in Christ.
- Promoting unity and enriching the church’s ministry by serving others.
Our theme scripture verses are:
“Do not let your adorning be external…the braiding of hair, the putting on of gold jewelry, or clothing you wear—but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.”
1 Peter 3: 3-4
Redeemer Women’s Events:
- Women’s Evening Fellowship- once a month ladies fellowship (dates and time announced in advance). For more information contact Keisha Holland.
- 2018 Winter Women’s Bible Study – Sinclair Ferguson study on The Sermon on the Mount, Friday mornings in room 101 from 9:30-11:00 a.m. (childcare available) Study begins on January 12th and continues through March. For more information contact Marisela Linebarger.
- Women Mentoring our Covenant Children- Mother’s Day, Father’s Day & Christmas gift making- contact Lori Bajema for more information.
- Winter Tea- 2018 Date TBD – A time of sweet fellowship for all ladies and daughters, granddaughters, etc. to share a cup of tea and some goodies! Contact Kristin Bell with any questions.
- Women of Redeemer Spring Retreat- 2018 Date TBD. You won’t want to miss this fun weekend of fellowship.
- Women’s Fall Kickoff – August date TBD. This is a great time of fellowship where the Women’s Board discusses the plans for women’s events for the upcoming year (2019), and gives attendees an opportunity to determine where they have an interest and may best serve in the church. Anyone looking to be more involved in the ministry at Redeemer will want to attend this informative event.
Officers for 2018:
Board members are elected by the women of Redeemer Presbyterian Church and serve two (2) year terms. Each spring half of the officers rotate off the board and new are added. Please let the Board know if you are interested in serving.
President – Lori Bajema
Vice-President – Marisela Linebarger
Secretary – Connie Heersink
Treasurer – Kristin Bell
Historian/Publicity – Keisha Holland
Redeemer Women’s Bible Study
Redeemer Women’s Ministry Blog
For questions regarding anything about Redeemer Women’s Ministry and how we may better server you, please contact our President, Lori Bajema by completing the form below.